Last Updated on November 2, 2023
Do you have symptoms of toxins? Is your body trying to tell you that you need to detox? Do you have the warning signs that your body has reached its toxin threshold? That’s what this post is all about toxins.
You’ll learn what causes toxicity, common sources of toxins, the top 10 symptoms of toxins, and how to tell if your body needs help detoxifying.
How do you get toxic?
Toxins are everywhere. From foods, drinks, food packaging, cosmetics, toiletries, perfumes, artificial colors, flavors, and fragrances, household products, pollution, pesticides, fertilizers, and more – toxins are inescapable these days.
The body has its own detox pathways that are designed to filter out toxins from the body. They are the liver, kidneys, lungs, skin, and digestive tract. But when you consume and are exposed to too many toxins, eventually the body cannot keep up with the elimination of toxins.
When toxins aren’t being eliminated properly they start to absorb into cells and block the body’s ability to absorb nutrients. This is when symptoms of toxicity start to present. This is also when health and energy start to decline and aging start to accelerate.
MAIN SOURCES OF TOXINS THAT CAUSE SYMPTOMS
There are a few main ways that people consume toxins.
- You can consume toxins orally in food, drinks, supplements, and medications.
- Toxins can also absorb into skin topically.
- Toxins can be inhaled into the lungs. Perfumes, artificial fragrances like in candles and air fresheners are most common.
- Dangerous environmental pollutants like Formaldehyde, Asbestos, Air Pollutants, Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS), Pesticide Chemicals (Glyphosate), and Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs).
- Endocrine-disrupting phthalates found in personal care products.
- Toxic heavy metals (like mercury, arsenic, and lead) can accumulate in the soft tissue of the body and affect mood and energy levels. Heavy metals are common in crappy supplements and protein powders.
These toxins are linked to fertility issues, chronic fatigue, cancer, birth defects, Parkinson’s disease, and more diseases that affect mortality.
So many people consume toxins in an attempt to get healthier and have NO IDEA. Protein powders are a great example of this…
Protein powder supplements are a huge source of toxins!
An independent study released by the Clean Label Project™, proved that many nutritional protein powders contain high levels of lead, BPA, mercury, cadmium, and arsenic. The nonprofit purchased and tested 134 of the top-selling protein powder products and here were the findings.
- Approximately 75% had measurable levels of lead. The laboratory discovered that the plant-based protein powders each contained on average twice the amount of lead per serving of other products.
- In addition to lead, the plant-based protein powders contained mercury, cadmium, and arsenic, in several cases above health-based guidelines.
- 55% of protein powders tested had measurable levels of BPA, a known endocrine disruptor.
- Certified organic products averaged twice as many heavy metals compared to inorganic powders.
And that’s just protein powders! I can’t begin to tell you how common this is in ‘diet’ foods, meal replacements, supplements, and pre/post workout ‘support’. That’s also why you never see me recommending garbage products!
It’s virtually impossible to avoid exposure to toxins! That’s why it’s a good idea to do a detox regularly to give your body’s own detox organs and pathways the nutritional support they need to function optimally.
Your body is constantly cleansing your body automatically on an ongoing basis.
Your body is working 24/7 – fighting off illness, giving you energy, and allowing you to think clearly. All of your organ systems and metabolism work together on autopilot to keep you alive and healthy.
But SO many people struggle to feel good. To feel motivated and energized.
That’s often because they’ve reached their toxic load threshold and the body needs help to detoxify.
I have good news! There are common symptoms of toxicity that are a huge sign that you need to detox.
Do you need to do a detox? Let’s find out.
Symptoms of Toxins
Watch out for the top 10 warning signs your body is overly toxic.
If you have more than 2 of these symptoms you need a detox ASAP.
1. You crave carbs, sugar, salt, and/or processed food or dairy products daily.
2. If you drink a lot of coffee (more than 2 cups a day), alcohol (more than 2 servings a week), or have taken medication (or have had surgery) recently.
3. You have digestive distress (bloat, irregularity, poo problems).
4. You feel stressed, anxious, irritable, burned out, and/or depressed.
5. You don’t feel energized & healthy despite drinking coffee, eating healthy, exercising, and sleeping.
6. You have skin issues (breakouts, dandruff, eczema, psoriasis, body bumps, premature aging).
7. Your nails, hair, and/or teeth feel brittle or discolored.
8. Your brain is foggy – it’s hard to concentrate and stay focused & motivated.
9. Your joints hurt, feel swollen, and/or radiate pain.
10. You have stubborn fat or feel puffy all over, especially your stomach, hips, love handles, and thighs.
The side effects of an overly toxic system are oftentimes misdiagnosed or blamed on other things like age or hormones. But the reality is, when detox pathways are sluggish, it’s harder to detox naturally occurring hormones and stubborn fat and more side effects can occur.
If these symptoms of toxicity are left untreated – thinking, emotions, and physical health can start to decline at a more accelerated rate. Premature aging escalates quickly when you’re overly toxic, too.
But there’s good news! Everyday issues and pesky health problems can be resolved quickly by a detox.
Let me be clear things don’t detox your body – your body’s own detox pathways do! A true detox gives your body the nutritional support it needs to support and optimize the body’s own detoxification pathways.
Pin this post to Pinterest so You’ll Have it Forever
Detoxing Makes it easy to Feel Great & Lose Weight Quickly
Toxins are everywhere. But the answer isn’t to get used to feeling less than your best.
But don’t worry. These symptoms are totally reversible.
You can relieve the toxic load you are exposed to each day by supporting your body’s detoxification pathways.
And you can completely detox your body quickly and safely with delicious, nutritious food.
A full body, whole foods cleanse can provide long-lasting relief and make it easier to lose unwanted body fat in the future.
How a Detox Works
If you’re struggling with these symptoms of toxicity you’re a perfect candidate for my Reset Cleanse.
You can detox your body, burn fat, get healthy and win cash prizes, too.
Learn more about the Reset Cleanse here.
If you’re ready to stop struggling with cravings, stubborn fat, and symptoms of toxins, the Reset Cleanse is perfect for you. Join the Reset Cleanse Challenge and you can win up to $100 in 7 days.
It’s like getting paid to lose weight and feel great.
Your Coach and Biggest Cheerleader
DISCLAIMER: This is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or replace professional medical advice.