Last Updated on March 3, 2022
No matter where you’re at on your fitness and wellness journey, weight loss quotes for motivation can help inspire you to make healthy choices and move your body.
Whether you want to lose the last 10 pounds or more than 100… losing weight can be frustrating and demotivating.
HOW DO MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
Your thoughts are powerful and what you focus your mind on matters… especially when it comes to losing weight.
The problem? Human beings are hardwired to do things that are comfortable and make us feel good…. and eating junk food and being lazy on the couch/bed feels better than working out and eating healthy foods like vegetables.
Processed foods, sugars, and foods with chemical additives are also very addictive. They affect hormones and neurotransmitter activity most and can have a negative impact on your thoughts, making it even harder to stay motivated.
Processed, inflammatory foods can also affect the gut microbiome. The bacteria in your gut microbiome – once overgrown can become pathogenic. Pathogens are living things and can affect your mood and thoughts, causing cravings for the things they need to stay alive…
They can also affect energy and mood, leading to a lack of motivation, willpower, and cravings making it difficult to feel like eating healthy and exercise.
This is why the voice in your head that’s saying “give up” or “this is pointless/hopeless” and “I can start Monday” is usually louder than the one that says “stick with it” and “keep going” and “we can do this.”
Negative thoughts can also induce stress and anxiety hormones. Stress releases cortisol which has an impact on weight and health negatively, too.
Motivational quotes can make thoughts, attitude, and self-talk more positive by shifting focus to feeling empowered and able to stay on track and make healthy choices.
A happier, positive attitude and mindset, makes it easier to feel good.
Feeling good makes it easier to make healthier decisions, like saying ‘no’ to processed, sugary junk foods, exercising, eating healthier, and taking better care of your body.
Motivational quotes inspire can cause positive feelings, make you want to leave your comfort zone, and feel like taking action.
The next time you’re feeling discouraged, use these motivational quotes as a motivational kick in the pants to get on track and/or stay on track.
20 Weight Loss Quotes for Motivation
1) The Fastest Way To Acquire Confidence Is To Do The Things You’ve Been Avoiding
2) Today be the badass girl you were too lazy to be yesterday – unknown
3) Your setbacks set the stage for your comeback. Unknown
4) There’s no one giant step that does it – It’s a lot of little steps. – Unknown
5) A month from now you can have progress, results, and confidence or you have can the same old excuses, guilt, regret, and shame. – Christina Carlyle
6) For every 1 pound of weight lost, you’ll lose 4 pounds of pressure from your knees.
7) You’ll be tested most right before it’s time for you to shift, rise, and elevate – don’t fold. – Christina Carlyle
8) You cant be committed to your growth and your bullshit – pick a side & stay there.
10) No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow your progress is, you’re still ahead of everyone that isn’t trying. – Tony Robbins
11) At some point you have to accept responsibility and take care of yourself. Christina Carlyle
13) The workouts you want to avoid most are the workouts you need most.
14) You’ll never feel 100% ready – stop waiting for the perfect circumstances to begin… it will never come. Start now. – Christina Carlyle
15) It gets easier when you get consistent. – Unknown
16) People do not decide their futures. They decide their habits and their habits decide their futures. F.M. Alexander
17) Lasting change can only happen when you’ve had enough of – and are done with – your own B.S.
18) Choose your hard.
19) It always feels impossible until it’s done. – Nelson Mandela
20) Do it for you.
A lot of these quotes are ubiquitous. I’ve credited the originator where applicable.
Tips to use these Weight Loss Motivation Quotes
Some notes about these motivational weight loss quotes:
These quotes are designed to help motivate those who need a positive boost in attitude and inspire action… and sometimes can make you feel ‘called out’… which doesn’t always feel great. If you have a negative reaction to any of these quotes I suggest asking yourself why and what you can do to feel better in a positive, productive, healthy way.
These quotes are not designed to serve as ‘toxic positivity’ or replace health-oriented choices. For example, you can’t quote yourself out of a gut microbiome or hormone imbalance… but you can quote yourself into staying motivated as you’re making healthy changes. See the difference?
Positive words can 100% alter gene expression, strengthening areas of the frontal lobes of the brain and promote cognitive functioning. They propel the motivational centers of the brain into action and build resiliency.
I hope these quotes helped inspire you to work on your fitness and wellness goals.
Leave me a comment and let me know which comment moved you most.
Your Coach and Biggest Cheerleader
P.S. If you need more motivation to workout this post about fitness motivation is for you.
P.P.S. My Reset Cleanse helps balance the gut microbiome, balance hormones and make it a lot easier to feel motivated. You can lose up to 10 pounds and kill cravings in 7 days flat.
Christina is a certified Holistic Nutritionist, Personal Trainer, and Fitness & Health Coach. After healing multiple health issues, getting off 7 meds, & losing 40 pounds – and keeping it off for 10+ years, Christina teaches others how to get Happy, Healthy, & Fit quickly without any bullshit. She’ll show you how to slim down, tone up, and feel fantastic naturally with the most delicious food and least intense workouts possible.