Last Updated on February 7, 2024
Looking for the best berberine supplement? You’re in the right place.
This berberine supplement is the best in my personal and professional opinion, because it’s pure, potent, and really works… aka it’s from a reputable brand, is 3rd party tested, and is non-toxic. I discuss more about why it’s the best later… keep reading!
Berberine is trending because it’s been nicknamed ‘nature’s ozempic.’ But do you know what berberine is, what it does, and if you need it?
I find that most people don’t. That’s why I’m doing a deep dive all about berberine so you can tell if this supplement will help you reach your fitness and wellness goals.
- What Berberine is
- Berberine Health Benefits
- Berberine and Weight Loss
- Signs that you’re a Candidate for Berberine and
- The Best Berberine Supplement (IMO)
What is berberine?
Berberine is a natural compound found in several plants, including the roots, rhizomes, and stem bark of plants such as Berberis vulgaris (barberry), Berberis aristata (tree turmeric), and Coptis chinensis (Chinese goldthread). It has been used in traditional medicine for centuries, particularly in Chinese and Ayurvedic traditions.
What are Berberine Health Benefits?
Berberine has gained attention in modern research due to its potential health benefits. Some studies suggest that berberine may have various therapeutic health properties, including:
- Antimicrobial Properties: Berberine has shown antimicrobial activity against a variety of bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites. Berberine’s positive effects on gut microbiota can contribute to a healthier digestive system. A well-balanced gut environment is linked to improved metabolism and absorption of nutrients, making it easier for your body to respond positively to dietary changes… which is great because it’s impossible to be healthy (physically and mentally) and lose weight without gut health.
- Cholesterol Management: Cholesterol is important for hormone health… but having LDL cholesterol that’s too high isn’t ideal. Berberine may help lower elevated cholesterol levels by reducing the production of cholesterol in the liver. Maintaining healthy cholesterol levels is not only beneficial for heart health but also for overall well-being. It contributes to the proper functioning of cells and organs throughout the body. Berberine has been reported to increase levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, often called “good” cholesterol. HDL cholesterol helps remove excess cholesterol from the bloodstream and transport it to the liver for excretion. This can contribute to a healthier lipid profile and reduce the risk of cardiovascular problems.
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects: By inhibiting the activity of certain pro-inflammatory molecules, berberine helps alleviate inflammation in tissues and blood vessels. This anti-inflammatory effect contributes to its potential health benefits, including support for conditions associated with chronic inflammation and the reduction of overall inflammatory burden
- Heart Health: Berberine may have cardiovascular benefits, including blood pressure regulation and protection against heart disease.
- Neuroprotective Effects: Preliminary research suggests that berberine may have neuroprotective properties and could potentially be beneficial for conditions affecting the nervous system.
But that’s not all. Berberine has been trending lately because of its ability to help with weight loss. It’s been nicknamed ‘nature’s ozempic’ because it can help make it easier to reach your weight loss goals.
Berberine Supplements and Weight Loss
- Enhanced Metabolic Function: Berberine optimizes metabolic processes, aiding in the efficient breakdown of glucose and fatty acids. This enhancement can boost your body’s ability to utilize energy, making it easier to manage weight effectively.
- Improved Blood Sugar Control: By promoting insulin sensitivity, berberine assists in better regulation of blood sugar levels. This not only supports overall health but also helps curb cravings and promotes stable energy levels, making it easier to adhere to a healthy lifestyle.
- Fat Accumulation Prevention: Berberine may inhibit the formation of new fat cells, preventing the accumulation of excess body fat. This can simplify the challenge of weight management by addressing the root cause of fat storage.
- Appetite Regulation: Berberine has the potential to influence appetite-regulating hormones, assisting in controlling hunger. This can make it easier for you to adopt healthier eating habits and maintain a calorie-conscious approach to weight loss.
Are you a candidate for Berberine?
Berberine supplements may offer benefits, especially for those with specific health concerns. There are some tell-tale signs that you’ll benefit from berberine supplementation. They include:
- Elevated Blood Sugar Levels: Berberine has been studied for its potential to help regulate blood sugar levels, making it potentially beneficial for individuals with pre-diabetes, type 2 diabetes or those with insulin resistance.
- Chronic Cravings for Sugar and Carbs: I specifically recommend berberine to my clients with strong cravings or those struggling with will power around sugar, carbs, alcohol, and stimulants. It can help you manage strong cravings especially if you find that my tips to stop cravings aren’t enough to stop your cravings (which means you’re addicted to sugar) or if someone struggles with emotional eating and binging. Berberine takes that away and can help bring back control over food and confidence along with it.
- High Cholesterol Levels: Berberine may help lower LDL cholesterol levels and improve overall lipid profiles so individuals with high LDL cholesterol or a history of cardiovascular issues may find berberine supplementation beneficial.
- Inflammation-Related Conditions: If you suffer from chronic inflammatory conditions, such as arthritis or inflammatory bowel disease, berberine’s anti-inflammatory properties may help offer relief.
- Metabolic Syndrome: Berberine may be beneficial for individuals with metabolic syndrome, a cluster of conditions including high blood pressure, elevated blood sugar, and abnormal cholesterol levels, which increase the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): Some studies suggest that berberine may have positive effects on insulin sensitivity and hormonal balance, potentially making it beneficial for women with PCOS.
- Weight Management: Berberine may aid in weight loss by influencing various metabolic processes. If you are working on weight management, berberine supplementation may be considered.
- Digestive Issues: Berberine has been investigated for its potential to address certain digestive issues, such as dysbiosis or bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine.
What is the best Berberine supplement?
The berberine supplement that I recommend most is this one from Metagenics… because it’s pure (clean and made with quality ingredients) and potent (actually works). But also because it contains green tea which is necessary for the proper absorption and metabolism of the berberine. Remember, it doesn’t matter if you’re taking a supplement if you can’t absorb it. And if you can’t absorb it you won’t get the benefits.
A lot of other brands of berberine floating around are full of stimulants and fillers that do way more harm than good. So the berberine supplements you find on Amazon or online that aren’t coming from a reputable source aren’t recommended.
Metagenics berberine supplements are only available through credentialed practitioners (like me) and I’ve decided to make them available to my audience so you can get the benefits if needed…
Also, because I wish I would’ve had access to this back when I was struggling with sugar addiction, nonstop cravings, and all of my health issues. If you’re struggling, there’s no shame in getting support so you can get back on track… and I’ve seen so many of my clients benefit from this berberine supplement.
If you have any questions about it let me know in the comments. If you want to have a discussion about your options you can book a supplementation consultation with me.
Your Coach and Biggest Cheerleader,