01 Nov Pumpkin Soup Recipe
I love this pumpkin soup recipe and I think you’re going to love it, too.
This Pumpkin Soup is:
- Filling – but light
- A healthy way to get a big burst of pumpkin flavor, without tons of sugar
- An easy way to eat more veggies and get a break from salads
- Makes a great appetizer, that won’t ruin your appetite
- Super easy to make
The velvety texture and taste are divine.
Plus, the spices pack a powerful punch of antioxidants and metabolism-boosting spices.
Click the pic to follow me on Instagram
This Pumpkin Soup Recipe is:
- Low calorie
- Paleo friendly
I think you’re going to love it. : )
Ready to experience the magic?
Let’s do this!
Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 1 (15-ounce) can of unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 green apple, cored and chopped
- juice from one orange
- 2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- salt & ground pepper to taste
This is the pumpkin I used.
What to Do
- Heat the pumpkin, coconut milk, and tahini in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the apple, and the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree soup in a food processor or a blender.
- Either return soup to saucepan and heat on very low, or let the soup heat in a crock pot on a warm/low setting for a couple hours.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serving immediately.
- This recipe makes 6 servings.
Mashed butternut squash makes a great pumpkin-alternative.
Squash is higher in vitamins and minerals than a pumpkin, plus, it’s nice to have a new twist on a holiday favorite. Shake things up this year with this tasty pumpkin soup recipe.
Leave me a comment to let me know how your Pumpkin Soup turned out.
What your favorite ‘treats’ or unhealthy recipes you love, that you know aren’t good for you?
Let me know in the comments are, I’ll re-create them, making healthier versions for you.
Your Coach and Biggest Cheerleader
Recipe taken from my Total Transformation Challenge Bundle. If you’re looking for more healthy recipes – you and your family will love – and you’d like to get more healthy and lose weight fast (like noticeable results in DAYS) then it’s perfect for you. Start the Total Transformation Challenge here.
Pin this recipe so you’ll have it forever.