Last Updated on December 28, 2021
Today I’m sharing a fun chest and tricep workout routine for women. It’s important to workout the chest and triceps but I find that so many women skip chest exercises. But skipping chest exercises is a mistake.
Chest workouts are SO beneficial for a lot of reasons!
Why Chest Exercises are Important
- A strong chest helps improve posture. Posture is also mandatory while working out because proper form is essential to get results and prevent injuries. The muscles in the chest and back work together to keep you upright. This is important to those that slouch their shoulders and have (big) breasts. Weak or tight chest muscles can cause shoulder slouching. Strength training and stretching prevents slouching problems.
- Strong chest muscles and necessary for upper-body strength. Pectoral muscles are involved in most upper-body exercises and all movements that involve pushing or swinging something (like a tennis racket or golf club).
- Chest exercises pair well with tricep exercises – by training both together you can lift and strengthen the chest and tone the triceps, too.
- Chest muscles are larger compared to arm muscles… and the bigger a muscle group is, the higher the calorie burn will be. By training the chest along with your triceps, you’ll be able to get better results.
I also find that a lot of women skip chest training workouts. But adding chest exercises helps shake things up preventing boredom and plateaus in the process.
Here’s the chest and tricep routine we’ll be doing today.
This sweet routine targets all of the muscles in the chest and triceps and helps snatch in all of the muscles tight like a corset while maximizing calorie burn. How’s that for results?
Pin this Chest & Tricep workout to Pinterest so you’ll have it forever
CHEST AND TRICEP WORKOUT
- First, warm up with some light cardio. Think walking for 5 minutes.
- This workout has 8 exercises. Do each exercise 15 times each.
- Use a weight where the last few reps (reps 12/13-15) feel difficult, but you can do them with proper form. 3 to 5 up to 7.5 pounds dumbbells is a good weight range to use for the exercises that have equipment.
- Do 3 full sets (of 15 reps each) of all exercises, to complete the workout.
- After you’re done, do some chest and tricep stretches for 5 minutes to cool down. That’s it!
NOTES ABOUT THIS CHEST AND TRICEP ROUTINE:
I only recommend doing this program one time a week to prevent plateaus.
For the best results, it’s mandatory that you follow a meal plan. Proper nutrition helps you recover faster, boosts metabolism, and ensures you’re burning fat.
When you eat the right way for your unique metabolic type you can get results 3 times faster. Take my Metabolic Type Quiz & Training to learn your unique type and needs.
Chest & Tricep Workout Instructions
SCARECROW EXTENSION CHEST & TRICEP EXERCISE
A tricep pushup is like a regular pushup, except you’re only pushing up with your tricep strength. Get into a modified pushup position, with your fingers pointed inward, slightly. This is your start position. Keeping your elbows in close to your sides, lower your chest to the floor as you inhale. Don’t arch or sag your lower back or pitch your butt upwards. Exhale as you push up back into the start pushup position to complete one rep.
TRICEP DIPS EXERCISE
Place a chair (or bench) behind you and hold onto the edge with your arms extended, shoulder-width apart. Your legs should be extended forward, slightly bent, with your feet planted on the floor. This is your start position. Inhale and slowly lower your butt down by bending at the elbows. Using your triceps, push yourself back up to the start position, to complete one rep. Tip: Keep the elbows as close to your sides as possible throughout the movement.
TRICEP KICKBACKS EXERCISE
IN AND OUT EXTENSIONS CHEST & TRICEP EXERCISE
I hope you liked this chest and tricep workout!
As always this workout only works, if you work it. So work it! You are so worth it.
Leave me a comment and let me know if you felt the burn.
Your Coach and Biggest Cheerleader,
P.S. If you liked this routine, you’ll love my workout vault, too! The workout vault is a collection of all of my popular targeted workouts – just like this – and schedules so you can sculpt your body and get tight and toned all over every week. Get access to the workout vault here – while you still can.
Christina is a certified Holistic Nutritionist, Personal Trainer, and Fitness & Health Coach. After healing multiple health issues, getting off 7 meds, & losing 40 pounds – and keeping it off for 10+ years, Christina teaches others how to get Happy, Healthy, & Fit quickly without any bullshit. She’ll show you how to slim down, tone up, and feel fantastic naturally with the most delicious food and least intense workouts possible.