Last Updated on January 6, 2022
The Best Butt Exercises for Building a Bigger, Lifted, Round Perky Butt – that aren’t squats
I know butt building exercises are all the rage these days. Just about everyone I’ve worked with lately wants to know what butt exercises they can do to build, lift, and perk up their butt.
Before I jump into the butt exercises I want to make sure you understand how to build the glutes. Most ladies start with squats, but squats only target the gluteus maximus because it’s the biggest muscle in the glutes.
Squats also use leg muscles you can squat with a lot of weight, which strains the spine. Squats build the booty and legs, too, which isn’t ideal when you want slimmer legs and thighs.
The butt exercises I’m sharing target all of the glute muscles (gluteus maximus, medius and minimus) strategically. Targeting all 3 muscle groups with these exercises will lift, tighten, and build a rounder, more perky butt without building mass in the legs.
Ready to build your booty with the best butt exercises for women? Let’s do it!
Pin this to Pinterest so you’ll have these butt exercises forever.
Why are these the Best Butt Exercises for Women?
The butt exercises use bodyweight only so you don’t need any equipment, machines, or fancy gym membership. That’s awesome because you can build your booty anywhere. At home, the gym, while you’re traveling, etc. TIP: Using a mat or towel helps protect your knees.
The exercises are easy! You don’t have to jump around, lift heavy weights, and hurt your knees or your back! They won’t build bigger bulkier legs either.
When you combine the exercises together into a workout, you’ll burn fat and boost the metabolism.
That means you’ll burn fat during the exercises and will continue to burn fat after you’re done working out, too!
BUTT EXERCISE INSTRUCTIONS
- Warm up with some light cardio and stretches for 5 minutes.
- Repeat each exercise until you feel the burn. Once you feel the burn then do 5 more reps.
- Once you’re done with one exercise move onto the next one.
- Finish one full round of all exercises to complete one ‘set’.
- Do 3 full rounds of the exercises to complete the booty building butt workout.
- For the best results, do this workout at least 2 times a week. Easy peasy!
- For the best results follow a meal plan and complete exercise training program. If you need help I’ve got you covered. If you’re serious about getting fit, healthy and confident (fast) you need my Total Transformation Program. I designed it to transform the body fast with the most food and least exercise possible.
Results using my Total Transformation Program
Ready to lift, build, and firm your booty quickly anywhere with the best butt exercises ever? Let’s do it.
Lie on your back with your feet planted flat on the floor shoulder-width apart. Rest dumbbells (or barbell) across your hips. This is your start position. Squeeze your abs and glutes, then lift your butt up and off the floor until your body forms a straight line. Lower back down to the start position to complete one rep.
Diamond Leg Lifts
Lie on your stomach with your legs spread and squeeze the balls of your feet together so your legs form a diamond shape. This is your start position. Exhale and lift your feet up as far as you can. Squeeze your glutes, at the top of the movement. Inhale and slowly lower back down to the start position, to complete one rep.
Start in an all-fours position with your wrists and knee stacked under your shoulders and hips. Your back should be parallel to the ground, not arched or bowed downward. Keeping your hips square to the floor, raise one knee up and out to the side, until your inner thigh is parallel to the ground. Hold for a count then return to the start position to complete one rep. Complete the same number of reps with your other leg to complete one set.
Start on all fours, with your hands stacked directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips. This is your start position. Keep your leg bent, push a flexed foot up towards the ceiling as far as you can. Squeeze your glutes at the top of the movement. Your back should remain perfectly still in a neutral spine with your hips square to the floor. Reverse the movement and return just short of the start position to complete one rep. Complete the same number of reps with both legs to complete one set.
Cross Over Extensions
Get on your hands and knees. Extend one leg out to the side with your toe pointed. This is your start position. Exhale and slowly lift your leg up and across your body towards the opposite side. Inhale and return to the start position to complete one rep. Do as many as you can until you feel the burn. Once you feel the burn do 5 more then stop. Complete the same number of reps with your other leg to complete one set. Tip: Keep your hips square and even during the movement.
Booty Boostin’ Leg Lifts
Lie with your hips across a stability ball. Use your arms to prop yourself up. This is your start position. Squeeze your glutes as you lift your legs up off the floor as far as you can. Lower your legs back down to the start position to complete one rep.
Cross Over Pulses
Start on all fours, with your hands stacked directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips. Extend one leg up with a flexed foot in line with your body. This is your start position. Quickly move your heel back and forth across the midline of your body. Keep your body still throughout the movement.
Start on all fours, with your hands stacked directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips. Extend one leg up with a flexed foot in line with your body. This is your start position. Quickly pulse your heel up and down racking up reps. Keep your body still throughout the movement.
BUTT EXERCISE TIPS
- Since we’re not using any dumbbells, it’s important that you squeeze squeeze squeeze your butt while you’re doing these exercises. This is why I don’t talk when I demo my exercises! It’s hard to carry on a conversation when you’re squeezing hard like you’re supposed to!
- I only recommend doing these butt exercises 1-2 times a week. When you do the same exercises over and over your body will adapt and the exercises will become less effective and you’ll have to add on weights and more reps and sets. To prevent adaptation it’s best to constantly change the workouts that you’re doing. I recommend doing my workout programs because I give you tons of different targeted routines that prevent adaptation and plateuas.
I hope you liked this butt workout. If you felt the burn, let me know in the comments. I LOVE hearing what you think.
It only works if you work it. So work it! YOU ARE SO WORTH IT!
Your Coach and Biggest Cheerleader
PS. Don’t forget to pin this to Pinterest so you’ll have it forever.
PPS. Want more butt workouts?
- Check this one butt workout for cellulite.
- You may also like my 30 Day Squat Challenge and tips on How to Squat. They’ll help you get better results.