Last Updated on February 15, 2021
This quick and easy Lazy Girl Leg Workout targets all of the muscles in the lower body. This entire routine takes about 20 minutes tops, so it’s perfect for busy women that want to get fit and healthy on the fly – but have a love/hate relationship with exercise like me. 😉
If you struggle with motivation to exercise, but still want to workout, you’re going to love it.
What makes this Lazy Girl Leg Workout Awesome
- The leg exercises in this workout routine require minimal effort and intensity.
- Even though they’re ‘easy’ the still burn fat and boost the metabolism! Woo!
- The exercises also help engage the core so you can tone your tummy, too!
- You can do the entire lazy girl leg workout laying down. You could even do this workout in bed if you wanted to.
- It’s a great leg workout for beginners and those rehabbing an injury
See me explain more and demo the Lazy Girl Leg exercises for you in the video below.
How to do this Lazy Girl Leg Workout
- There are 6 exercises in this lazy girl leg workout.
- Do each exercise for 15 to 25 reps. Max out at 25 reps. If it feels too easy you can add ankle weights.
- After you’re done with one exercise, move quickly to the next, without taking a break. This helps keep the heart rate up and burns more fat.
- One full round of all exercises counts as 1 set. Do 3 full sets of all exercises to complete this lazy leg workout.
- Bonus points if you do 4 😉
- You’ll need a set of dumbbells and a stability ball. If you don’t have the equipment, skip those exercises and do 5 full rounds of the others.
Ready to rock? Let’s do it! When you’re done, leave me a comment and let me know if you felt the burn.
Pin this Lazy Girl Leg Workout to Pinterest so you’ll have it forever
Lazy Leg Exercises
Lie on your back with your feet planted flat on the floor shoulder width apart. Rest dumbbells (or barbell) across your hips. This is your start position. Squeeze your abs and glutes, then lift your butt up and off the floor until your body forms a straight line. Lower back down to the start position to complete one rep.
Hamstring Ball Tucks
Lie with your back on the floor with your feet on a stability ball. Keeping your core tight, lift your hips up off the floor. This is your start position. Use your legs to roll the ball in towards your butt as far as you can. Next, reverse the movement, rolling the ball back to the start position to complete one rep.
Knee Tap Extensions
Lie on your side with your legs bent. Point the upper knee down and out in front of you. This is your start position. Exhale and quickly lift your leg up and back pushing your heel back across your body. Quickly reverse the movement pulling your knee forward and down towards the floor to complete one rep. Do as many as you can until you feel the burn. Once you feel the burn do 5 more then stop. Complete the same number of reps with your other leg to complete one set. Tip: Try to keep your hips square and still during the movement.
Lie with your stomach with your feet pressed together to hold a dumbbell. This is your start position. While holding the weight between your feet exhale and lift the weight up as far as you can, squeezing at the top of the movement. Next, reverse the movement, lowering the weight back down to the start position to complete one rep.
Diamond Leg Lifts
Lie on your stomach with your legs spread and squeeze the balls of your feet together so your legs form a diamond shape. This is your start position. Exhale and lift your feet up as far as you can. Squeeze your glutes, at the top of the movement. Inhale and slowly lower back down to the start position, to complete one rep.
Lie with your legs extended out with toes pointed. Contract your abs and lift your legs off the ground about 6 inches. This is your start position. Lift one leg straight up then quickly lower it, as you simultaneously lift your other leg. Scissor kick both legs once, to complete one rep. Continue to alternate lifting and lowering your legs without stopping or touching the floor until you complete your set. Tip: Extend your arms out to the side or under your butt for support.
Click the pic to get instant access to a free stretching guide to warm up and cool down you can use when you do this workout. You’ll also get other free resources that will make it easier to get results.
MORE NOTES ABOUT THIS LAZY LEG WORKOUT
- I recommend doing this routine once a week.
- Alternate it with my other lazy girl workouts… My other 6 Lazy Girl Workouts are linked below.
- My Lazy Girl workouts were designed to be done when you’re feeling lazy, unmotivated, or just getting started and trying to get in a workout routine.
- This leg workout is great if you’re a beginner BUT if you’re more advanced I recommend adding in with my other workouts for women. They help boost metabolism more and burn fat faster.
- I recommend pairing this routine with these Thigh Exercises for women.
- If you want to target your hips, this workout has exercises that target the saddlebags (outer upper thigh/hips)
Did you like this workout? Did you feel the burn??
The hamstring ball tuck is my favorite exercise in this routine.
Which Lazy Girl leg exercise was your favorite? Let me know in the comments.
I love hearing from you.
If you think this workout will help someone else that’s struggling with motivation, please share it to help another “Lazy Girl” get fit and healthy. 🙂
Sending you so much love
Your Coach and Biggest Cheerleader
If you loved this workout you’ll love all of my Lazy Girl Workouts! Check them out::
♥ (extra) Lazy Girl Workout
If you love my Lazy Girl workout, you’ll love the Lazy Girl Exercise Program. Stop working out harder than you have to and start getting better results.
The Original Lazy Leg Workout – Oct 7, 2017
Christina is a certified Holistic Nutritionist, Personal Trainer, and Fitness & Health Coach. After healing multiple health issues, getting off 7 meds, & losing 40 pounds – and keeping it off for 10+ years, Christina teaches others how to get Happy, Healthy, & Fit quickly without any bullshit. She’ll show you how to slim down, tone up, and feel fantastic naturally with the most delicious food and least intense workouts possible.